Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On the road again, again, again

I'm on a business trip in Santa Clara California this week.  Silicon Valley is one of my favorite destinations.  Christine and the Kids smile when I complain about coming here because they know the truth.  This is about the coolest geek paradise in the world.  It is full of the craziest electronic surplus stores that make me smile: Halted, Ace, Fry's Electronics, and Weird Stuff.  :-)  This afternoon, I went to Halted and found a car charger for Aubrey's DVD player - best part is was only $1.95, beat that Phoenix!  It was funny, I looked around Halted and saw a bunch of certifiable geeks and it dawned on me that I was among friends.   I bought some magnets there to make a wind generator that were so strong they caused the clerk's thumb to bleed when they snapped together.  That wasn't good but the magnets are really cool.  Honey, get the band-aids out, papa is coming home!

Go ahead laugh and make fun of me. Keep it up... You know I'll get the last laugh, because someday your computer will break and you will ask me to fix it.  And I will because I love you.  So there!

The GPS map at the top of this blog is connected to my cell phone!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Hey dad I am so glade that my geek dad is coming home. Love you! Isn't it dangerous to have public gps connected to you all the time?

Ellen Rae said...

You are one of a kind! The coolest geek I know.

Spence said...

@Karen - I suppose if someone really hated me it wouldn't be good for them to know where I'm at. I'm just playing with it and will turn it off after a day or two. Love ya Karen, you are a smart cookie. I hadn't even thought of this.

Jake said...

Wow! you have taken this geek thing to a whole new level! I love it and I love you! Maria

Jann said...

This post made me smile. Have fun in your own personal toy store.

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

That is freakin awesome! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!