Sunday, April 19, 2009

I think I have ADD

Mom and I had a great time in Showlow yesterday. We took our time getting there and drove through Eagar and over the mountain. It was a really nice trip, the grass in the meadows is starting to get green but we still saw lots of snow drifts. On our way we stopped and checked out the geocache we put near Greens Peak. Just after we passed the Hawley Lake turn off I got sleepy so pulled over and took a nap. Mom was already asleep. It was nice not being in a hurry.

The movie "Knowing" was interesting, it movie was a mixture of SciFi with a generous dash of Religion. I liked it because it made me really ponder about the earth, the sun, and the stars. The religion was a bit too new age for me.

Dinner at Charlie Clark's was excellent we split the blackened prime rib and brought enough home for Spencer's dinner. I highly recommend it! Mom found this sticker badge just outside of the restaurant and made me an honorary police officer.

Now to the ADD part... I love to learn and I'm interested in most anything. Mom says I'm not intereseted in just anything, I'm interested in everything and that I will never get bored. I'm OK with that. Grandpa Wilhelm is a lot like that also. The problem is I'll start learning about something and then do a free association leap into a different subject. Before I know it, I'm almost paralyzed going back and forth between several subjects.

Some things I've been studying lately:
  • Learning about the Sun - sunspots, coronal mass ejections, solar wind
  • Morse code - I'm listening to two books in Morse code (more of the ADD thing...)
  • Electronic circuit troubleshooting
  • Alternate forms of energy - wind power, photo voltaic power
There is not enough time in the day to learn everything. Oh well there are a lot worse problems I could have.

3 comments:

Jake said...

I don't think you have ADD, I KNOW you have ADD! Sounds like a great day. Love you Dad!

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

You should be a teacher when you retire. You have to keep learning...

Jann said...

What a fun date. I love driving over the mountain to Show Low. It is so beautiful. I am pretty sure I have the same problem you do. It does make life interesting.