It's spring time in Saint Johns! Up to now I have traditionally hated working in the yard. This year has been different because of our new garden. Early in the spring we hired some men to come in and build a raised bed garden for us. Here is the result! Click on the picture to see in more detail.The garden has turned into my personal therapy for things that bug me. There is something magic about planting something and have it grow and become more beautiful.
Here are a few of the latest happenings in our garden.
Squash
Tomato
Bell Pepper
6 comments:
there is nothing better than fresh from the garden tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. We haven't put our garden in yet...probably too late? They are a lot of work, but SOO rewarding. It is VERY exciting to plant, water and watch things grow!
Lookin good! I can't wait to come up to SJ and eat your wonderful food!
I know how you feel! I love my garden and watching it grow. but, then when plants get sick and I tend to them and nothing helps, I feel like I understand the parable of the olive tree so much better. there is something amazing about tending to a garden that makes me feel good!
I can't believe I haven't seen your garden yet. I am very impressed. I can't make anything grow. Maybe I am just to lazy.
@Sara: I've found that Miracle Grow is amazing. So far it is the best thing I've found to perk up a sick garden. This year, I'm experimenting with a compost pile and expect that to be as good or better than the chemicals.
dad I am glad i can enjoy this via blog and not have to walk out the door 3 feet.
Post a Comment