The weather here is starting to warm up. So far it has been cool enough that our garden hasn't taken off as quickly as I want. I can already see things starting to change. Lara came up with Aubrey last night. That little girl is so cute. She is a one baby wrecking crew. Mom and I were talking as we walked this morning about grandkids. It seems like you have your own kids and go through the "put it up high", "lock it up", and "make everything safe" stage of life. Then your kids grow up, move away, and get married. Grandchildren start the cycle again. Last night Aubrey must have opened every cupboard in the house and pulled things out.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Geek Weekend!
I'm so excited for this coming weekend. Every year ham radio operators from all o
ver hold something called field day where everybody goes camping and makes as many contacts over the radio as possible. It will be a great detour from work for me and I hope very relaxing. Spencer is going to go with me. I'm pretty sure he isn't going for the ham radio - Spencer loves to camp. It should be a lot of fun, I'm taking my smoker and will cook a turkey on Friday. I admit it... I am a geek. :-)
The weather here is starting to warm up. So far it has been cool enough that our garden hasn't taken off as quickly as I want. I can already see things starting to change. Lara came up with Aubrey last night. That little girl is so cute. She is a one baby wrecking crew. Mom and I were talking as we walked this morning about grandkids. It seems like you have your own kids and go through the "put it up high", "lock it up", and "make everything safe" stage of life. Then your kids grow up, move away, and get married. Grandchildren start the cycle again. Last night Aubrey must have opened every cupboard in the house and pulled things out.
Spencer is feeling much better, in fact maybe too much better. Mom ask him how he has been feeling and he said "Great, but I tried to go running and could only run 20 ft!" LOL Being pretty much down in bed for a week was hard on him.
The weather here is starting to warm up. So far it has been cool enough that our garden hasn't taken off as quickly as I want. I can already see things starting to change. Lara came up with Aubrey last night. That little girl is so cute. She is a one baby wrecking crew. Mom and I were talking as we walked this morning about grandkids. It seems like you have your own kids and go through the "put it up high", "lock it up", and "make everything safe" stage of life. Then your kids grow up, move away, and get married. Grandchildren start the cycle again. Last night Aubrey must have opened every cupboard in the house and pulled things out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are the best Geek Dad ever! I wish I was up there with you!
I love that you do unusual things. How fun to camp with your son and talk to people all over the world. You will have to tell us about the experince. Also, I am so glad that Spencer is getting better. It was such a worry having him sick so long without knowing what was going on.
That sounds like a fun weekend. I hope you had fun. I am glad Spencer is feeling better.
Post a Comment