This is the first day of my sabbatical and I'm sitting in the Phoenix airport waiting for our flight to Hawaii. My last day at work ended with a bang - went to the dentist and had a root canal. :-) The dentist was pretty funny, during the procedure he kept saying stuff like, "I've never seen canals like this." "How interesting" "Oh look these two connect!". Afterward he explained that I am the proud owner of a very interesting tooth. I'm thinking that was a nice way to say, "Mr. Wilhelm, you are a freak of nature".
I mentioned to the Doctor that we would be flying to Hawaii the next day so he gave me a prescription for Vicodin - I hate Vicodin. My own reality is much better than that offered by a stinking pill... Anyway he insisted and said at a minimum I should take one before the flight because of the air pressure change when the plane takes off and lands.
It was funny, the pharmasist asked me if I had taken the drug before and I had so I told her so. She asked me how I should take the drug. How should I know? She was the one holding the bottle with the instructions. My answer of take it orally totally frustrated her so she lectured me for a minute about drinking milk and not taking it with any Tylenol products. The look on her face and tone of her voice gave me the impression she did't believe I had a legitimate need for the drug. Maybe it had something to do with our drive to the valley at the end of the day and us looking like white trash. So guess what?
I'm your freak of nature friend/dad with a drug addiction! Off to Hawaii.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
enjoy that flight! Be careful with those pain killers, I have heard of several cases in the last few months of crazy dudes hyped up on booze and drugs that get naked on the plane. Have fun and love ya!
Maria
P.S. you forgot to mention how you fell asleep during the root canal. Who does that?!!!
Good Luck on that flight! As for the freak of nature, you're my favorite freak just the way you are! Love you both and hope you have a great time!
I hope you have a safe flight. No fun to have a visit to the dentist right before you have to go. Enjoy the trip, and I mean the one to Hawaii, not the drug one.
Post a Comment