We had quite an easy day as far as driving today, we only drove 400ish miles. I finally got to go to a museum in Kansas City I've wanted to see for over 10 years. Back in the 1980s five men in Missouri found a steamboat buried 45 feet in a corn field. It held over 200 tons of cargo and is a time capsule for the 1860s. The name of the steamship is Arabia. You can learn more at http://www.1856.com/. I'm standing in front of the stern of the ship.Later in the day we drove to Hannibal Missouri - the setting for Mark Twain's book, Tom Sawyer. We got there too late for any of the tours but we had a nice dinner before we jumped in the car and drove to Saint Louis.
Here are a
coupled of pictures from our walk this morning in Kansas City. Christine is so cute! She is standing in a suspended side walk between our hotel and a local mall. This is one of the most special times in my life. Spending time with Christine is the most pleasant thing I can imagine. We are enjoying driving and seeing the country in a way we have never seen it before. Hmmm, now I'm starting to understand why people retire, buy an RV, and disappear on the road for several months at a time.Here is an interest
ing hanging sculpture in our hotel.
1 comment:
Fer Sweet!
Post a Comment