was amazing. As we walked into the woods behind Joseph Smith's family home, the sun came out for the first time that day, and shone through the trees. We were the only ones in the grove at that time, so we sat on a bench by each other, being quiet so that we could each have our own experience. I had the same feeling as when I went into the Garden of Gethsemane. The spirit was there and I felt at peace. All I could hear was the trees rustling and birds churping. We also saw a deer and a gray squirrel.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Palmyra and Hill Cumorah
After trudging around the graveyard, looking for ancestors in the rain, we finally went to church sites. We stopped at Hill Cumorah first. Quite a hike to the top. I think it must have been hard carrying the gold plates down that hill. Carroll (Spence) wanted to roll down the hill like a kid, but then decided he might get a little wet (although it had stopped raining at that time). Next, we went and had lunch at Palmyra, across the street from the print shop where the first Book of Mormon was published. We decided not to go into it so we would have time to go to the sacred grove. The sacred grove
was amazing. As we walked into the woods behind Joseph Smith's family home, the sun came out for the first time that day, and shone through the trees. We were the only ones in the grove at that time, so we sat on a bench by each other, being quiet so that we could each have our own experience. I had the same feeling as when I went into the Garden of Gethsemane. The spirit was there and I felt at peace. All I could hear was the trees rustling and birds churping. We also saw a deer and a gray squirrel.
was amazing. As we walked into the woods behind Joseph Smith's family home, the sun came out for the first time that day, and shone through the trees. We were the only ones in the grove at that time, so we sat on a bench by each other, being quiet so that we could each have our own experience. I had the same feeling as when I went into the Garden of Gethsemane. The spirit was there and I felt at peace. All I could hear was the trees rustling and birds churping. We also saw a deer and a gray squirrel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so jealous! I wanna go to the sacred grove. I love you two wandering souls. So cute! I love the anne of green gables quote. You and dad are so cute! I miss you!
oh how I wish I could back there and visit again. It's the most beautiful spiritual place on the East coast I've come to find out. Did you get to go into Joseph Smith's home too? I LOVE it! you guys are having the time of your lives.
@Lollie - yes we visited Joseph Smith's home and loved it!
How beautiful is that picture. We went to the Sacred Grove when Rich was released from his mission. That was such a long time ago but I remember the sweet feeling there.
Post a Comment