Sunday, September 13, 2009

North Shore

As you can see from Christine's blog entry we had a pretty interesting day. :-) All in all it was fun.

After getting the car going, We spent the afternoon on the north shore of Oahu. That is where all of the famous surfer beaches can be found - pipeline and sunset. Both were roaring with about 10 foot waves, we didn't even get out of the car. Otherwise, the weather was very pleasant. The afternoon started out fairly hot but ended with a very nice rain shower. First thing we did was swim at Waiamea Falls for about an hour. The water was cool and we had a great time swimming at the base of the waterfall. That area is amazing because of the diversity of flora and terrain. Afterward we went and ate coconut shrimp at one of the local shrimp shacks. Awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so fun! I love all these updates and I am a lil jealouus!

Ellen Rae said...

I can't wait to hear about your next adventure. I am so glad you are having so much fun.

Jann said...

Beautiful spot. I am so glad you are having a great time.