Sunday, September 27, 2009

Resting at Jann's Home

Hey There! We arrived at Jann's house yesterday and have really enjoyed our stay. Jann and James have made us feel royally welcome. It is nice not being in the car today,we went to Church with Jann and her family, and otherwise have not been doing much.

I want to thank my brother-in-law Rich Bast for loaning us his GPS routing device and also my son-in-law Jake Boyle for coming up with the idea to build a platform for our bed. If you are going on a trip to a city you don't know, buy or borrow a GPS. They are so wonderful. We haven't had a lick of trouble finding anything on this trip. The GPS is neat because you can ask it where the nearest things are: gas stations, restaurants, etc... Anybody know what location the GPS is showing?

Jake had the wonderful idea that if we built a pedestal for the bed it would create space underneath for storage. During our 12 hour jump through in Saint Johns, Rich and I bought a sheet of plywood and built Jake's idea. The result was fantastic!

2 comments:

Ellen Rae said...

Wow! You are already to Maryland and the GPS is showing Jann's street. I'll bet Jann is so excited to have you there. Miss ya!

Jann said...

It was so fun to have you here. I am missing you already. Thanks for coming to see us, we loved every minute of it. Have a safe and fun journey.