Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Northward Migration

It's been several days since we left Jann's home so Christine and I will try to catch up documenting our travels. Check back often in the next 24 hours, there will be several posts. After leaving Jann's home we drove north into Pennsylvania and visited the Amish country that is near Harrisburg. We initially drove to Gap, PA and then drove for about an hour on route 772. This is easily some of the most beautiful scenery in the entire united states.

At one point we came around a bend and there was a horse drawn wagon with three Amish girls. We could tell they were enjoying themselves because they were laughing and looked quite pleased with themselves. It was a postcard moment, of course I couldn't get the camera going quick enough. :-) Probably for the better because I'm sure they are sick of tourists.

4 comments:

Ellen Rae said...

I have never been in Pennsylvania. It looks beautiful. I hear the food in Amish country is really good. The wind is blowing here so bad today. The worst wind since the Spring. I'll bet you don't miss that.

The Chambers said...

cool! I remember going to that Amish town in Pennsylvania when I lived in Nauvoo...it is VERY interesting to see how they live and especially, look like! And the Amish food is good. Did you try any?

Christine said...

@Lollie - we went in and sampled some of the canned stuff they made. It was wonderful. Also, we bought a Shoo Fly Pie and found it to be very good.

Jann said...

I love the pictures. It has been fun to be on this trip vicariously through your posts.