
Okay, yesterday we woke up dark and early. You know how the time is different here. So we decide to go for a romantic walk on the beach and watch the sunrise. If any of you know Spence you know how tender his feet are. Even when we go for a walk, he is always taking off his shoes to get rid of (he says a big rock) but all I see is a grain of sand most of the time. Anyway, he's a wimp! Needless to say, we didn't walk too far. After our long walk, we are exhausted and come and take a nap until our stomach's start to rumble.
On the plane on the way over to Hawaii I sat by a man who told me all of the good places to eat on Waikiki, so I talked Spence into going to one of these places, that is supposed to be fairly close, but you have to go by the beach walk. We start on the beach walk and then it turns to sand again. Spence wasn't happy, to say the least. We are walking, and walking, and don't see where to turn. I asked him if I should ask someone where the place we were going was, and he said, no we will find it. (A real man!) We end up walking about two miles before I finally stopped and asked someone where the place that we were going to eat was. They told us that it was right by the Sheraton (which is where we are staying). We ended up walking about 4 miles, but the breakfast was really worth it, and we got our exercise in.
We decided that, since I got a convertible to drive, that we would go to the north shore. We pack up all of our junk, start down to the parking garage, when I realize that I forgot the suntan lotion. The plan is that I would go retrieve the lotion, while Spence picks up the car, and we would meet in front of the hotel lobby. Bad plan! After I got the lotion and went to the front of the lobby, I decided it would be easier to wait for him across the street in front of the parking lot. In the mean time, Spence opens the trunk of the convertible, fills it with our gear, and then shuts it with the key inside of it. No trunk release on a convertible. So now it is a cat a mouse game to find each other. I waited for awhile, then went back to the front of the lobby and waited for what seemed to be an endless time. I started getting worried, so I went to the parking garage and started walking up to find Spence (by the way, we had forgotten which floor we had parked on). I got to the second floor and thought, I better go to the room, just in case he would call. He had the cell phone. I went to go into the hotel and Carroll was just coming out. We missed each other, over and over again. Anyway, it was a grand reunion. I was so upset. I thought he had been mugged, had a heart attack, or just decided he had had enough of me. 1 1/2 hours, a lb of chocolate, and $90 later we were in our convertible, top down, enjoying the island.
,
3 comments:
I hate waiting and not knowing what is going on. I'm sorry you had the keys locked in the car. At least it ended well.
haha thats a really cute story! and yeah dad is a baby!
Oh, that is frustrating. It should be a rule that there are no problems while on vacation. I am glad it all got worked out.
Post a Comment