Don't tell anyone but I'm feeling very homesick this morning. Yesterday was our grandson Davis' birthday, it was also Dad Davis' birthday, and Lara's birthday is coming soon. We missed seeing Spencer sing the National Anthem at one of the Saint Johns football games. Teasing each of my son-in-laws, seeing the wonderful progress our girls are making in their pregnancies, spending time with Karen on the weekends she visits home - these are all special moments I miss.
We came on this little adventure to get away from the daily druggery of life: work, bills, problems, etc... And from that perspective this has been a very successful vacation. The missing link for me is being away from our family. Sure we call home a lot and reading your blogs keeps us in the know about what is happening. But that isn't enough. Just knowning you are thousands of miles away and many many hours of flight and driving time pulls at my heart strings.
I worry that I have been self absorbed for a long time, maybe that is what I need to learn from this adventure. It frightens me to go back home because I don't want to get in the same old ruts. Hm... maybe I won't go home... but then there is the homesick thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
We didn't mean to make you homesick but we miss you both very very much! Keep enjoying your time together as I know with how busy you both are that this does not happen very often. We love you both!
Just think how great it is that you have all that to be homesick about.Enjoy your time together and know that you will always have your family and that we all love you and miss you too but it has been so much fun experiencing your adventure through your blogs.
I am sure your family is missing you too. I am glad you took this little adventure because it meant we got to see you and that was so fun.
It's about time you guys showed a little homesickness... we were beginning to think you were never coming back :) We are all way jealous of your vacation, so soak it up!
Post a Comment