Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lost In Green Gables

When we were leaving Green Gables, Carroll asked if I had brought my purse.  Of course I had, and guess what, I didn't have it still.  My credit card, checks, and most importantly, my driver's license was in it.  I went and checked at the main gate, but no one had seen it.  We looked through the camera to see the last time I may have had it, and it looked like maybe I had lost it in lovers lane(one of the first places we went), so we retraced the steps (which were alot).  We went everywhere, all along the way, praying, but still no purse.  I checked at the front office again, and still no purse.  We were getting ready to leave, and I told Carroll, lets just check the cafe where we purchased a sandwich, and guess what, there it was.  Carroll certainly did not want to drive the remaining 5,000 miles alone.  We have been watched after over and over on this trip.  We have also seen amazing beauty.  I cannot tell you how thankful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who created such a beautiful world.


Picture of cottage and view from where we stayed that night.







Fox along the road.

2 comments:

Ellen Rae said...

I am the worst when it comes to leaving my purse. It has been a sore spot with Rich and I since we began dating. I am so glad you found yours.

Jann said...

I am so glad you found your purse. That is an awful feeling to lose something. I left my camera bag with my big camera and video camera on a ledge at the airport in Italy. I have never prayed so hard in my life. It was right where I left it.