Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Real men like Anne of Green Gables

Playing catch up again.  So check back often in the next 24 hours, there will be several new posts.

Christine and I listened to the book Anne of Green Gables  on the trip from AZ.  Ok, I'll admit it, I totally enjoyed the story.  I've already mentioned in a previous post how I got sucked into the story enough to forget it was about imaginary characters in an imaginary town.  Now you know the squishy side of me. :-)


Prince Edward Island (PEI) is the setting for the novel and there are a few physical locations that do exist.  The farm, Green Gables, is an actual place as are the "haunted wood" and "lovers lane".  PEI has rolling hills and reminds me a lot of the English country side.  Green Gables is a Canadian National Park and is maintained as a national historic site.  The picture to the right is us in "lovers lane", fer cute.

Go buy yourself a copy of the book and READ IT!

2 comments:

Ellen Rae said...

I have never read "Anne of Green Gables". I've seen the movie, but movies hardly ever outdo the books. I think I am going to have to read it.

Jann said...

Awesome fun. I love the pictures. You look like you are having so much fun.