Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma!


Yesterday Christine and I arrived in Oklahoma City and met up with our niece Andrea and her husband Trey. They are such nice people. We went out to dinner with them at the Cattleman's restaurant. Wow, it was
awesome food, best steak I've had this trip. The waiter was funny hekept trying to get us to buy 'rocky mountain oysters' for an appetizer, except they called them 'lamb fries'. No thank you. The American
cowboy has always had a good sense of humor.


Afterward we visited the Oklahoma City National Memorial which is the site of the horrible bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building at 9:02 AM, April 19th, 1995. It is hard to understand why anyone would do such a thing. The death toll was 168 people including 19 children. The memorial is a sacred and special place. The highlight for me was to see an American elm tree that is called the survivor tree because it lived through the blast. America will always survive.  Thank you Andrea and Trey. We love you guys!

OK... the first person to tell us in a comment where I got the title of this blog post, wins a prize.  I'll give you a hint, to win you must identify the movie, the character's name, and the actor's name. :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it dad! Of course I do. Steve Martin and I think its the Jerk. I am not quite sure on the movie but its one of his movies...I remember your impression of this quite vividly with pots and pans! :)

The Chambers said...

SO FUN! This was seriously the highlight of my semester so far! Oh my goodness, much needed to see someone I love and adore so much! THANK YOU for giving us a good time. You guys are so awesome. I'm glad you got to enjoy your last stop.

Spence said...

@Kirsten - Good try, you are close but that isn't it. Don't give up!

The Chambers said...

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels....MIchael Cain and Steve Martin!!!! HILARIOUS!

Jann said...

What fun to see Andrea and Tra. That is awesome. Have a safe trip home.

Spence said...

@Andrea - you got two out of three. What is the characters name?

The Chambers said...

Ruprecht!!!!!