
In the west we just can't imagine history on the scale we have experienced in the east. We deal with history on the basis of when our ancestors came to the west - in the late 1800s. Back here we have expanded that range to go back to the 1600s. This morning we hopped on the commuter train and rode 45 minutes into Boston. The city has setup a 2.5 mile walk through called the Freedom Trail that visits sixteen key historic sites. Seeing the North Church, Faneuil Hall, Paul Revere's house, Boston Common, The Old State house, and many other places put us on a trip through time that lasted all day. Tonight my feet ache, my legs are sore, and I'm dead dog tired but I'm very proud of my country. It was a privilege to walk and learn about the founders of our nation. The picture on the right is of the balcony at the east end of The Old State House where the Declaration of Independence was read to a crowd on July 4th, 1776. The Boston Massacre happened just 40 feet from this location. The men and women of that era sacrificed everything to build our nation. This one is for you Lara!



3 comments:
I am jealous that you are in Boston. I LOVE Boston. I seriously got teary eyed when I walked in to the "Old North Church". The Freedom Trail was an amazing experience for me. I loved everything on it. Again, very jealous! I like checking in on your adventures!
It was good talking to you yesterday. Boston is one of my favorite places. But it has been thirty-five years since I have been there. I would love to see it again.
How cool. I would love to go there some day!
Post a Comment