Sunday, October 4, 2009
Nice surprise at Cabano and we arrive in PEI
After leaving Quebec we drove North on Canada Route 20 with took us toward the New Brunswick Peninsula. We ended up staying at a camp ground in a little town called Cabano which is on the banks of the Notre Dame Lake. We didn't have any reservations and hadn't called any camp grounds so we just drove until we saw a sign and pulled over. In the morning we found our camp was on the banks of the lake, it was very beautiful. We didn't know how to say bakery in French so we just drove around and saw a likely store and stopped in. We were lucky the French make the best bread.
Our trip to Prince Edward Island from Cabano took about eight hours, Canada is a big country. The leaves along the way were beautiful. So is Christine! I can't express how lucky I am to be married to her, she is a blessing in my life.
The Canadians refer to Prince Edward Island as PEI. It is an abosolute wonderful place. I realized last night that I got sucked into the Anne of Green Gables book when I was looking at the fields and had the thought, "Maybe that is one of the fields Matthew worked." Silly me. It is a great book!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Beautiful. I would have done the same thing with the books. I can't wait to see more pictures.
Wow! what an adventure. I love that you are sharing this all with us. I can't wait to hear where you are going from here.
I forgot to tell you that the boys beat Red Mesa 45 to 6 on Friday and that Spencer sang the National Anthem. It was the best one sung this year. He did a great job and we were so proud of him.
We got sucked into the Anne of Green Gables thing BIG TIME. We bought the book and read it to one another all the way home to Oregon. We laughed. We cried. We had a wonderful time. We took endless pictures of the quaint old churches on PEI. We are going back again as soon as we can. We're so glad you're having a wonderful time. WE LOVE ALL THINGS CANADIAN!
Hey bring me back a ziplock full of colored leaves for my class.
Post a Comment